Donetsk, Lugansk Republics announce ceasefire in E. Ukraine

The Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republic’s in eastern Ukraine have announced a ceasefire in Donbas effective from 08:00 GMT on Sunday, Eduard Basurin, Donetsk People’s Republic’s (DPR) Deputy Defense Minister has said. “We proposed to stop shelling via representatives in the Joint Center for Control and Coordination [JCCC],” he said. The truce has so far been respected, with the rest depending on Kiev and how it “would manage to control the radicals,” Basurin said. The conflict in eastern Ukraine has been raging since 2014, despite an ‘agreement’ to fully cease hostilities as outlined in the Minsk peace deal signed two years ago.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s